Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Loving my Blumes, but missing my Sedtal's

In ten days I will have been in Brasil for a month. Other than college, this is the longest time I have ever been away from home. And let me tell you, I feel it. I do not think I have ever been this homesick.
Brasil is awesome though. I absolutely have fallen more in love with the Blume family than I even thought was possible. I have never met a family that shows the love of Jesus better than they do. And I am positive Jesus would have laughed at their sarcasm just as much as I do. I wish I could take them all back to America with me. I love that Dad is a weirdo and makes farting jokes all the time. I love that Mom is the most kind and loving person and she makes the most delicious food. I love that Bronwyn and Stephen are here and how Stephen's craziness doesn't even phase Bronwyn anymore. I love how motherly Bronwyn is all the time. I love how Ansley always finds the best in people and that she is one of the most kind hearted people I have ever met. I love how much Garrett loves soccer and how good he is at it and that he will be famous one day. I love how Carys is the coolest 15 year old I have ever met in my life and how snuggly she is. I love that Anderson is OBSESSED with the USA team even though technically he is Brasilian. and I love that Giovanni calls me sister constantly and likes to squeeze my guts out when he hugs me.
As much as I completely adore the Blume's though, I really am missing home so much. For the past five summers, I have lived at my Aunt's house and been a nanny for her boys, Tyler, Teague, and Talon. Throughout these five summers, I pretty much became inseparable with their family. Before I went to college, I don't think there was a single day that I wasn't at their house. Being away from them this summer is killing me, but I guess that's part of growing up. I think I have realized I don't like growing up. Last night, Talon FaceTimed me about a thousand times and I just about cried when the internet kept going out. I miss my boys a lot. I miss Talon being a little weirdo. I miss everything ridiculous Tyler says that we all just laugh at. I miss Teague being a sassy little diva all the time. I miss my Aunt shaking her head at my Uncle's inappropriate jokes. I miss my Uncle's inappropriate comments and funny jokes. I really miss having an older sister all the time that I can talk to and run to with all the things. I miss our movie nights that we have every weekend and our Pepsi and popcorn deliciousness.
I think I am just missing my Sedtal family too much.

Okay, I am done being sentimental. Here's some pictures of everyone.


This is Carys, isn't she so pretty?


JK, she actually is so beautiful. We are just both really weird.

This is Ansley, my bestfriend, after the Brasil game. She's so pretty.

lol, Ansley.

Mom loves taking selfies. She's beautiful.

Giovanni had his June Festival a couple days ago. He devoured this cotton candy afterwards.

He kind of made a mess...

We all like to play Call of Duty at night. Here's me, Carys, Garrett, Stephen, and Michael. Michael is from College Station. He is here with us for the week!

Here's all of us watching the opening World Cup game at a family friend's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment