Monday, June 2, 2014

Brazil is cool and the Holy Spirit is too.

HI FRIENDS!

okay, so I posted another blog somewhere else a couple of days ago and now I can't remember where it is... Oops. I am not about to retype it all, so sorry, but if I find it, I will be sure to post it again on this one. From now on though, I will post on this blog, so I won't lose anymore posts.

Alright, now on to more blogging. I am in Brazil for the next five weeks and so far I love it here. I would definitely move here in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, that probably won't happen. At least not for a little while. No promises that it won't happen though! I have only been here for a week and I can already tell that God has big things planned. After church yesterday, I really began to think about the Holy Spirit and how we never really talked about it in church growing up. It is so much different to be in a community where they openly profess their feelings in church. Sitting in service yesterday, one of the most different things was during prayers people would openly say their own prayer or repeat what the preacher was praying. They didn't care what anyone around them would think. This has always been one of my biggest problems in church. I never wanted to raise my hands up during a song or say Amen during a sermon because what if my friends thought I was weird. THIS IS NOT OKAY! How many other kids these days do you think are thinking the same thing? It really bothers me. Why are we bottling up the way the Holy Spirit makes us feel just because we don't want to be judged? Why are we not comfortable with just letting it out and not being ashamed of  it? I have talked to Ansley about what I think about the Holy Spirit and I am convinced that whenever I get tears in my eyes when I am overwhelmed by happiness or chill bumps on my skin while listening to a certain song it is because the Holy Spirit is alive and in me. I don't think this for only myself, but for anyone. The emotions we experience in church are God saying, "Hey! I am here with you and I love you so dang much!" I believe that God speaks to me through my emotions. I know I can be a pretty emotional person, but I am not talking about the emotional roller coaster I am constantly riding. I am talking about the emotions I experience while praying, worshiping, or even just talking about Him. I think He enjoys watching the joy He brings and will continue to bring me through sharing His love with people. And you know what? I think that is really cool.


Also, here is a picture of how beautiful Porto Alegre is and of me holding a tarantula.

No comments:

Post a Comment